[vdsm] can not access the network by virsh

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon May 7 19:08:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 12:45:56AM +0800, ShaoHe Feng wrote:
> virsh # net-list --all
> Please enter your authentication name: vdsm at rhevh
> Please enter your password:
>
> I get the password form /etc/pki/vdsm/keys/libvirt_password.
>
>  the authentication name and password are not right.

The immediate suspect is mistyping. Does

    python -c "from vdsm import libvirtconnection as c;c.get()"

explodes with an exception, or burst with silly debug messages? If it's
the latter, you mistyped the "password".

I would be happy if the tweaking of sasl are moved by someone to
vdsm-tool. I suppose most casual/Fedora users would not like setting the
password at all.

BTW, for listing network, `virsh -r` should work.

Dan.