[SSSD-users] caching question? (switching servers)

Janelle janellenicole80 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:42:02 UTC 2015

Hello,

My first post here.  I have an issue with having occasional failures of
LDAP servers being used by SSSD. What happens is that when a new server
is stood up to replace the failed servers, users can't seem to login
until SSSD is restarted. Some users can, and it is hard to tell which
can and can't.  I understand this is a caching setting or has something
to do with caching, but I don't fully understand why sssd can't just
keep running. Prior to this we used nslcd and never had these issues.
Is this a known issue or am I missing something in the setup?

Thank you
~Janelle