[SSSD-users] 1.12.5 available in Debian Sid and backported for Ubuntu 14.04

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 15:22:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:11:28AM -0400, Frank Pikelner wrote:
> Hello Timo,
>
> Just to follow up, I've been running SSSD 1.12.5 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using
> the AD provider without issues. For DNS the configuration was done in
> Network Manager (not /etc/resolv.conf as it is managed by resolvconf).  The
> only issue I had was ensuring the /etc/hosts hostname entry matched FQDN
> hostname.
>
> authentication working
>
> pam_mkhomedir works
>
> sudo works for AD users

Perfect, thanks a lot for reporting the good news!

I wonder if there are parts in the setup that you think are worth
writing up in some howto or tutorial? We have the SSSD+AD setup documented
well on the wiki:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Configuring_sssd_with_ad_server

But maybe there are some Ubuntu-specific tools you used to set up
NSS and PAM?