[SSSD-users] cache or return Problem

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 09:57:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:48:32AM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello Jacub,
>
> Am Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015, 10:11:27 schrieb Jakub Hrozek:
> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:00:17AM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to found out, what sssd have in the cache or send back to a
> > > program  like dovecot from a IPA Server?
> >
> > yes, with ldb-tools
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>

> > > My dovecot can't find the correct uid, gid to a mail address from Ipa?
>
> > Have you already followed
> > https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting ?
> Yes :-(.
>

> One of my Problem is, I have with IPA configured a user with two or more EMail
> Adresses, the result is correct with the first address the "domain" address.

I think this is more or less a confusion. The Name Service Switch
interface (which you call into when you do "getent passwd $name") only
supports lookup by username or Kerberos Principal name (aka UPN).

The username can be qualified with the name of the domain the user
belongs to. That's what happens when you call gjn at 4gjn.prv, I assume
your domain is in fact called 4gjn.prv

What is the use-case you're trying to achieve? Why do you need a lookup
by e-mail?