[SSSD-users] sssd-ad GPO not working

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 21:31:45 UTC 2015

On (23/01/15 21:24), Rowland Penny wrote:
>On 23/01/15 21:10, Koen de Boeve wrote:
>>the idea is that sssd reads the GPO and then on that basis either denies or
>>allows access through its pam module
>>At least, that s how I think it works - or should work - ;)
>>
>>>Rowland Penny <mailto:repenny241155 at gmail.com>
>>>23 Jan 2015 22:01
>>>On 23/01/15 20:58, Koen de Boeve wrote:
>>>
>>>Thought so, forget it, Linux knows absolutely nothing about GPO's
>>>
>>>Rowland
>>>
>>>Koen de Boeve <mailto:koen at galaxystudios.com>
>>>23 Jan 2015 21:58
>>>Yes I am Rowland, well it is a separate Policy specifically for linux
>>>machines.
>>>

>>>Regards, Koen
>>>
>>>Rowland Penny <mailto:repenny241155 at gmail.com>
>>>23 Jan 2015 21:37
>>>

>>>Can I ask if you are trying to get a linux machine to use a windows GPO ?
>>>
>>>Rowland
>>>

>OK, I'll believe you, now could someone explain how sssd can read a GPO that
>is supposed to (as far as I know) alter the registry on a windows machine and
>use those settings on a Linux machine that does have anything like a registry
>?
>
>Rowland

There is a design document[1] for GPO and pdf attachement in mail[2]
contains "gpo data flow diagram".

All this information can be too technical.

HTH

LS

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/ActiveDirectoryGPOIntegration
[2] https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/sssd-devel/2014-September/020758.html