[SSSD-users] sssd-ad : AD Authenticated users cant run 'su -' or 'su - root'

Chris Price cprice at its.to
Fri Jan 16 14:23:39 UTC 2015

Jakub,

I have two unprivileged accounts configured on this test AD domain I am
using, 'test1' and 'test2'.

test1's 'unix attributes' tab in AD is set to : uid 10000, gid is 10000
test2's 'unix attributes' tab in AD is set to : uid 10001, gid is 10000

tested scenarios:

1) Login via ssh with test1 account and run 'su -' or 'su - root' and
supplying the root password when prompted the commands fail with
'incorrect password'.
2) Login via ssh with test2 account and run 'su -' or 'su - root' and
supplying the root password when prompted the commands fail with
'incorrect password'.
3)Login via ssh with test1 and run 'su - test2' and supply the test2
password when prompted the command fails with 'incorrect password'.
4) Login via ssh with test2 and run 'su - test1' and supply the test1
password when prompted the command fails with 'incorrect password'

I have repeated the above 4 tests using the direct console login (the
RHEL66 system is a VMware VM) with the same results. OS install is a
freshly kickstarted RHEL66, no updates performed, selinux disabled.

Cheers.