[SSSD-users] sssd-ldap caching issue ?

Thomas HUMMEL hummel at pasteur.fr
Tue Apr 14 08:33:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:12:22PM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

> You can disable fast memory cache if environment variable SSS_NSS_USE_MEMCACHE
> is set to no. The environment variable need to be set on client side (the
> process which call getpw*/getgr*).

Yes thank you, we discovered that a moment after we posted the message ;-)

> But I do not expect any problem with memory cache. The problem seems to be on
> responder side.

Why do you say that ? I mean can't the problem be on the backend side ? We
suspect some kind of race condition because we can only (deterministically)
reproduce the problem with slurm which spawns many processes in the same
second.

> BTW. There is a wiki page [1] which describes some sssd internals.
> At least diagrams might be useful for better understanding of work flow.

Thanks, we've seen and read that. Very good and interesting doc !

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Groupe Exploitation et Infrastructure