[SSSD-users] How do I view multiple users groups using sssd?

Leo K unholi at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:32:13 UTC 2015

        SETUP

OS = RHEL 6.4 Workstation

System is part of a LDAP domain and was originally configured to authenticate using nscd.

This is a NON-Windows / NON-Active Directory environment, straight up *NIX.

All recommended SSSD packages have been installed.

[root at sssd_system]#  rpm -qa | grep sssd
sssd-client-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
sssd-common-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
sssd-common-pac-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
sssd-krb5-common-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
sssd-ldap-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
sssd-proxy-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64
sssd-tools-1.11.6-30.el6_6.4.x86_64

Files which have been created/modified to switch over to SSSD:

/etc/nsswitch.conf
[root at sssd_system]# ls -ld /etc/nsswitch.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 560 Apr  9 12:07 /etc/nsswitch.conf

cat /etc/nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss
ethers:     files sss
services:   files sss
netgroup:   files sss

/etc/sssd/sssd.conf
[root at sssd_system]# ls -ld /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
-rw------- 1 root root 971 Apr  9 11:48 /etc/sssd/sssd.conf

cat /etc/sssd/sssd.conf

[domain/default]
id_provider = ldap
auth_provider = ldap
chpass_provider = ldap

ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
ldap_uri = ldap://server1.domain.com,ldap://server2.domian.com,ldap://server3.domian.com
ldap_search_base = dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_user_search_base = ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_group_search_base = ou=Group,dc=domain,dc=com
ldap_group_member = uniqueMember
ldap_id_use_start_tls = False
cache_credentials = True
ldap_tls_cacertdir = /etc/openldap/cacerts
ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/openldap/cacerts/certname.pem

debug_level = 9

[sssd]
domains = default
services = nss,pam,autofs
config_file_version = 2
sbus_timeout = 30

[nss]
filter_groups = root
filter_users = root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radiusd,news,nscd

[pam]
reconnection_retries = 3
offline_credentials_expiration = 2
offline_failed_login_attempts = 3
offline_failed_login_delay = 5

[sudo]

[autofs]

[ssh]

NOTE: The authconfig
command was used to configure this system, so in theory, that means that
 all the right files were touch with the correct information.

ISSUE [USERID at nscd_host]# groups USERID
USERID: USERGRP USERGRP2 USERGRP3 USERGRP4 USERGRP5

[USERID at nscd_host]# ssh USERID at sssd_system
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.4 (Santiago)
Last login: Thu Apr  9 11:51:38 2015 from nscd_host

[USERID at sssd_system]# groups USERID
USERID: USERGRP

QUESTION

What am I missing?

I've been researching the dickens for a solution to what is likely a
simple configuration error, but haven't been able to pinpoint the exact
config file(s).  I've also reference Red Hat's documentation on setting
up SSSD in their Deployment Guide and found several helpful guides posted out on the web.

And, I've also enabled debug level within sssd.conf file, but have not been able to find anything overtly meaningful within the logs /var/log/sssd/* log file(s) or /var/log/(message|secure) either.

Any assistance to what I might be missing would be greatly appreciated.

-LK