[SSSD-users] 1.11.5 ddns failure on Ubuntu 14.04 [SOLVED]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu May 22 12:25:48 UTC 2014

On 22/05/14 12:41, steve wrote:
> On 22/05/14 12:37, steve wrote:

OK,
Fixed it, but we don't like it:
/etc/hostname has to contain the fqdn, not the hostname. So now,
hostname
is wrong
but
hostname -s
and
hostname -f
return correctly.

More importantly, the ddns updates go fine.
However, I'm sure that'll break something else somewhere else down the line.

What is also worrying is that even with a non-updated DNS, we could
still log in, reach the file server, get tickets etc.

This is only on Ubuntu 14.04. openSUSE works fine with the short
hostname in /etc/hostname.
Any comments?
Cheers and thanks for your patience,
Steve