[SSSD-users] Slow convergence between sssd and windows 2008 r2 ad server

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Wed May 14 06:57:03 UTC 2014

On (14/05/14 08:20), Paul Liljenberg wrote:
>The patch from Lukas did succeed very well on 1.11.5.1 . You need to have
>autotools installed to properly regenerate ./configure file. This is done
>by "autoreconf -if"
>before running configure. I have tested the compiled binary and that works.
>What needs to be done now is to build a proper debian package for this.I
>would try to use the
>package from testing and replace the libs and binaries.
It is very likely that  you will not be able to use the sssd package from
debian testing. There will be strict dependency on newer version of libraries.
It is not related to packaging but how linking of binaries works. You will need
to install libraries from testing as well. As a result of this you will upgrade
half of your system to debian testing.
   e.g. libkrb5 ...

I think you have two options:
    * use your own sssd built from tarball + extra patch
    * wait for official sssd-1.11 in wheezy-backports

>If theres a more
>Debian way please tell. Timo, do you have time for building this? I also
>want to thank Lucas for
>taking his time building a patch som it would be possible to have 1.11.5.1
>in Debian stable without samba4-devel. Hopefully this would solve any
>issues related to
>active directory that i mentioned previous.

LS