[SSSD-users] Slow convergence between sssd and windows 2008 r2 ad server

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed May 7 08:37:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 09:50:39AM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> On (07/05/14 09:29), Paul Liljenberg wrote:
> >hm in the last working setup i used 1.11 branch with the ad provider. To be
> >sure successful signon works it would be nice to have some reference config
> >that we know works with that branch. (
> >https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Configuring_sssd_with_ad_server) Ive
> >only seen this for the ad provider. Do we need samba-dev to build the
> >adprovider for 1.9 branch aswell?
>
> The 1.9 branch has ad provider, but there isn't strict dependency on samba-dev.
> Of course, there are not all features from 1.11 branch.
>
> I could not find in source code why samba is optional in 1.9 branch.
> Someone else should explain this.
>
> LS

According to a bit of git digging, the unconditional samba4-libs
dependency was added when site discovery support was implemented.

I'm not sure if you're talking about a proper Debian/Ubuntu backport or
some kind of PPA, but wouldn't it be easiest for a PPA to not package
the AD back end at all and only package the LDAP provider? The current
1.8 users are using LDAP only anyway..