[SSSD-users] Slow convergence between sssd and windows 2008 r2 ad server

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri May 2 09:22:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 11:03 +0200, Paul Liljenberg wrote:
> Unfortuneately im tied to current debian stable in this setup and
> backporting sssd does not seem possible. Thanx Steve.

OK. You'll have to do the AD attribute mapping manually then.
This worked for us with 1.9:

ldap_user_object_class = user
ldap_user_name = samAccountName
ldap_user_uid_number = uidNumber
ldap_user_gid_number = gidNumber
ldap_user_home_directory = unixHomeDirectory
ldap_user_shell = loginShell
ldap_group_object_class = group
ldap_group_search_base = dc=your,dc=domain
ldap_group_name = cn
ldap_group_member = member
#ldap_user_search_filter =(&(objectCategory=User)(uidNumber=*))

I think the commented filter was for 1.8. This should get your user
through the process.
HTH
Steve