[SSSD-users] SSSD 1.11 for Ubuntu Lucid

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Jun 25 11:01:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 20:52 +0000, Jay McCanta wrote:
> My apologies if this isn't the right place for this request.
>
> I'm looking for sssd ad backend that supports AD domain trusts (within the same forest) and user filtering.  As I understand things, that would be 1.11.  Has anyone been able to build 1.11 for Ubuntu Lucid?  I don't mind having to build some of the extra libraries.  I'm just hoping it's been either done or at the very least doable.

Hi
The problem with old Ubuntu is that you need the samba4 dev packages for
AD support. The best (only?) way to do this on 10.04 is to build and
install samba4.

The build dependencies are here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/OS_Requirements#Debian_.2F_Ubuntu

then follow this:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO

Then ldconfig the libraries.

After much trial and error we managed a full ad build of 1.11.5 here:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/sssd-1115-on-ubuntu-1404-client-with.html

It's on 14.04 but it should get you started as the Samba4 build will
have pulled in a lot of the stuff already. It's then a case of
running ./configure and installing what you're missing until it's clean.

Otherwise, as 14.04 has 1.11.5 out of the box, you may be lucky if you
asking for a backport.
Good luck!
Steve