[SSSD-users] 1.11.5 ddns failure on Ubuntu 14.04[SOLVED]

Longina Przybyszewska longina at sdu.dk
Tue Jun 24 09:02:19 UTC 2014

Hi again, thanks a lot!
What about service discovery mechanism in SSSD?
I could expect, that the AD  services advertise themselves and  for SSSD this is the base for finding the right way to establish
connection to the  DC/DNS or whatever.
In our Enterprise we have AD DNS and split DNS. Clients contact split DNS for resolve  addresser - so I can not
configure client to refer directly to AD DNS.
My client(with SSSD) has to find out who runs AD DNS for dyndns updates, and by now it contacts the wrong server.
Does it use information from resolvconf?

How can I manually find out which serveres advertise dyndns service?

Best,
Longina