[SSSD-users] 1.11.5 ddns failure on Ubuntu 14.04[SOLVED]

Longina Przybyszewska longina at sdu.dk
Mon Jun 23 13:52:31 UTC 2014

If you used realmd you probably don't have the krb5 stuff installed. You could try:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = NAT.DOMAIN.ORG
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

BUT, all you really need is the IP of a dns server in the domain. The one the windows clients use will do fine. Can you get at Control Panel on a windows client and find out what it is?

I have got 2 IP for DNS servers for dyndns updates from AD-admin - but I don't know where put them in config file.

I tried option:
ad_server =xx.xx.xx.xx, yy.yy.yy.yy

doesn't help.

/etc/resolv.conf is overwritten af:
root at skywalker:/home-local/longinap# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.1.1
---------
root at skywalker:/home-local/longinap# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1	localhost
127.0.1.1	skywalker.nat.c.sdu.dk skywalker
10.144.4.254	eta.nat.c.sdu.dk eta

Best
Longina