[SSSD-users] 1.11.5 ddns failure on Ubuntu 14.04[SOLVED]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Jun 23 12:54:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 12:28 +0000, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
> Hi again,
> I can see in log, that the client traverses all subdomains and tries to send dyndns updates to diverse DC's,
> without success.
> I have no krb5.conf - as I used realmd for joining AD - can it be the reason for troubles?
>
> [nss]
> debug_level = 9
> filter_groups = root
> filter_users = root,lightdm,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radvd,tomcat,radiusd,news,mailman,nscd
>
> [sssd]
> debug_level = 6
> domains =nat.domain.org
> config_file_version = 2
> services = nss, pam
>
> [domain/nat.domain.org]
> debug_level = 7
> id_provider = ad
> auth_provider = ad
> access_provider = ad
> default_shell = /bin/bash
> ldap_id_mapping = False
ad_server = any DC
may help. Add this to /etc/hosts if the SRV lookups are failing.

> /etc/hosts
> root at skywalker:/home-local/longinap# cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1	localhost
> 127.0.1.1	skywalker.nat.domain.org skywalker
> xxx.xxx.	eta.nat.domain.org eta

If you used realmd you probably don't have the krb5 stuff installed. You
could try:

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = NAT.DOMAIN.ORG
        dns_lookup_realm = false
        dns_lookup_kdc = true

BUT, all you really need is the IP of a dns server in the domain. The
one the windows clients use will do fine. Can you get at Control Panel
on a windows client and find out what it is?

Steve