[SSSD-users] sssd basic questions

Robert Zmijan robert.zmijan at softel.pl
Thu Jun 5 15:54:59 UTC 2014

>>> "invalid syntax" probably means you have an error in the config
>>> file. Mind including it so we can help you spot the syntax error?
>>
>> Sure, did you mean sssd.conf?
>>
>> here it is
>>
>> [sssd]
>> config_file_version = 2
>> services = nss, pam
>> domains = LDAP
>>
>> [nss]
>>
>> filter_users = root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus,radiusd,news,nscd
>>

>> [pam]
>>
>> # Example LDAP domain
>> [domain/LDAP]
>> id_provider = ldap
>>
>> ldap_id_use_start_tls = True
>>
>> auth_provider = ldap
>> chpass_provider = ldap
>> access_provider = ldap
>>
>> ldap_access_filter = gidNumber=100
>>
>> ldap_user_ssh_public_key = sshPublicKey
>> ldap_default_bind_dn=cn=sssd,ou=services,dc=myhost,dc=net
>>
>> ldap_tls_reqcert = never
>> ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/openldap/ssl/ldapscert.crt
>> ldap_uri = ldap://127.0.0.1
>> ldap_search_base = dc=homelinux,dc=net
>> ldap_user_search_base = ou=People,dc=myhost,dc=net
>> ldap_group_search_base = ou=Group,dc=myhost,dc=net
>>
>> enumerate = true
>>
>> cache_credentials = true
>
> This configuration looks good and is working for me with sss_obfuscate.
> Which platform/distribution do you use? Maybe there are issues with the
> path to the config file? You can use the -f option to explicitly tell
> sss_obfuscate which config file to read.
>
> HTH
>
> bye,
> Sumit

Also I notice sss_obfuscate is a python script, and starts in my system
the beginning of the script looks like this:
---------
#!/usr/bin/python

import sys
from optparse import OptionParser

import pysss
import SSSDConfig
import getpass

how can I check if these things are in my system and are imported
properly. I'm guessing my issue can be due to python incompatibility, or
missing libraries?

R.