[SSSD-users] sssd basic questions

Robert Zmijan robert.zmijan at softel.pl
Wed Jun 4 17:15:28 UTC 2014

Hi

I want to setup sssd to use ldap_default_bind_dn and ldap_default_authok.
currently I have in my sssd.conf
ldap_default_bind_dn = cn=sssd,ou=services,dc=myhost,dc=net
ldap_default_authok = mypassword
I understand that I would have to put 'mypassword' in ldap under the
name of 'sssd'
 the problem I'm facing is that when i type:
sss_obfuscate I get this:

File "/usr/sbin/sss_obfuscate", line 81
print "Cannot read internal configuration files"

/etc/sssd/sssd.conf is readable for everyone (rw- r-- r--)
I'm using Gentoo
Are there any other files sss_obfuscate needs access to?

The other question is regarding the ldap attributes sssd needs to have
access to in ldap database. I thought I would list those attributes in
my slapd.conf access list and grant the access to the 'sssd' user entry.
Is this a sensible way to configure sssd?

Thanks in advance
Robert