[SSSD-users] timeout and offline mode behaviour

Joschi Brauchle joschi.brauchle at tum.de
Mon Jun 2 08:34:57 UTC 2014

Hello everone,

we have an issue/problem that seems highly related to the current
"timeout and offline mode behaviour".

We have several SSSD 1.9.5 systems with "cache_credentials = true",
which experience periodic blocking/pausing of the complete X session for
several seconds (~5-10) when these machines are not connected to their
home network. The user is not able to use the machine at all during
these lockups, which is very annoying...

These are some of the details:
1) The LDAP server has a local 192.168.x.x IP, which is resolvable globally.
2) The LDAP server is behind a firewall, dropping packets from outside
networks.
3) The lockups seem to occur if the clients are not connected to this
"home" network but to a different network with similar configuration
(192.168.x.x, which is pretty common).

I am still trying to track down the issue with "debug_level = 9" and get
the logs of such a lockup.

@Jakub:
Could you let me know which openLDAP version you are using and
suspecting to be the problem?
Could you let me know how to trigger/test the issue reliably (the DNS
setup you are using to trigger it)?

I would like to confirm that we are having the same or possibly
different problem...

Best regards,
Joschi Brauchle