[SSSD-users] sssd_sudo receives 0 rules but ldap search returns 5, what is wrong?

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 10:15:34 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 08:47:24AM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> >Normally I use ADSI Edit to adit the permissions. If you right-click the
> >sudo container in ADSI, select properties and then go to the Security Tab,
> >do you "Authenticated users" there ? btw I'm using Windows Server 2012,
> >not sure if the dialogs look any different in earlier versions.
>
> So what you are saying is, to get a UNIX program to work on a UNIX machine
> running against a UNIX AD DC, you have to to set it up on a WINDOWS machine
> ??? What happens if you do not have a windows machine or if you do, you
> don't have ADSI Edit ??

No, but this is the first time in this thread you mention you're using
Samba and not a real AD.. I know you probably mentioned Samba in some

I don't have too much experience customizing Samba permissions, but this
is a good question to ask on some Samba mailing list or IRC channel.

Or maybe some of the Samba developers hanging out on this list have some
answer..