[SSSD-users] Startup segfault loop of domain_be on Ubuntu 14.04

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 21:52:18 UTC 2014

On (10/07/14 14:30), Chris Hartman wrote:
>Hi Jakub,
>
>Is it possible to generate a core file? That would help debugging quite a
>> lot.
>
>Thanks for your response. I'd be happy to generate a core file for you but
>I'm afraid I'm going to need some guidance.
>
>My google-fu has gotten me a little familiar with what commands are
>involved, but I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about generating or
>retrieving a core dump, especially because the sssd_be process is the one
>that's crashing, not the main sssd process.
>
>Would you be able provide assistance?
At first, you will need to install package with debug symbols.
Unfortunately, I was not able to find debug symbols for sssd in ubuntu 14.04.

I found a howto on debian wiki, which can help you,
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToGetABacktrace#Rebuilding_the_package_you.2BIBk-re_debugging

If it is too complicated for you. You can try to file a bug to ubuntu and they
should help you with obtaining coredump(backtrace).

LS