[SSSD-users] Found an old sssd running

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Jan 3 15:40:24 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 08:26 AM, Bryan Harris wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> As always thanks very much for your help.  I'll plan on getting rid of this package or at least prevent sssd from running.

And the question is why?
I understand that in this case it is probably the best decision since
SSSD is not used and the version is old.
But what do you then use instead? Why not move to the later version of
SSSD and enjoy its features?
What did we miss to deserve "...getting rid of this package..."  ;-) ?

Thanks
Dmitri

>> On Jan 3, 2014, at 4:58 AM, Jakub Hrozek <jhrozek at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 12:07:55AM +0000, Bryan Harris wrote:
>>> I enabled logging but no logs were created.   So because of that, I ran sssd myself with the -i option to see the output.  This is the type of stuff I'm seeing.
>> Unless NSS and PAM are configured, then I can only think about one
>> possible way SSSD can affect the rest of the system -- upon resolving
>> servers and becoming online, the SSSD informs the libkrb5 about KDCs it
>> found.
>>
>> These KDCs would then be reachable with kinit/kpasswd and similar. I'm
>> not sure if your old version does this, though.
>>
> V/r,
> Bryan

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal