[SSSD-users] using ldap -> sssd -> AD (sssd as a proxy)

Gerardo Padierna asl.gerardo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:08:57 UTC 2014

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try!
Have been reading some of the docs and it looks like it could be the
right solution for us.

Will report back with updates on this.

Regards,
Gerardo
El 20/08/14 10:26, Lukas Slebodnik escribió:
> On (19/08/14 09:13), Gerardo Padierna wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to know if it somehow possible to use sssd as a proxy authenticator,
>> by which I mean the following:
>> · I want to authenticate users defined on a windows AD 2003 server on a
>> Solaris box (sssd is not available)
>> · I'm already using sssd on RHEL boxes -> I'd like to maintain the same
>> UID/GID mapping on the Solarix boxes as those already used on the RHEL
>> machines
>> · I was wondering if there's a conf (or a hack) that makes it possible to
>> authenticate an AD user on a box (which can't run sssd) the following way:
>> Soraris box -> asks ldap server -> asks sssd (on same box or not) -> asks AD
>> Since sssd is a client, I can't figure out how to do that, but maybe there's
>> a way (that's why I was thinking that maybe, by combining an ldap server with
>> sssd, they could act together as an authentication provider).
>>
>> Again: The reason why not using directly just one ldap client on the Solaris
>> boxes is to maintain the same UID/GIDs already defined in other sssd-based
>> hosts.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for any suggestions on this.
> I think this was an aim of FreeIPA and legacy clients.
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Serving_legacy_clients_for_trusts
>
> FreeIPA supports cross-realm trusts with Active Directory.
> You will need to install new version of FreeIPA (RHEL7, CentOS7)
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> LS

*Gerardo Padierna Nanclares*
Técnico de Sistemas (grupo ASL) - [Fujitsu / Logware]
Servicio de Sistemas de la Información (DGTI) - Generalitat Valenciana
C/.Castan Tobeñas 77 – 46018 Valencia – Edificio A
Tel: 961 208744
Email: asl.gerardo at gmail.com <mailto:asl.gerardo at gmail.com>