[SSSD-users] sssd with ctdb

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 16:47:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:01:45PM +0200, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 08/13/2014 02:54 PM, steve wrote:

I'm not aware of any dependencies of ctdb to winbind.

> >>https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1588
> >>Not yet but quite soon, patch is on the list.
> >>
> >Hi
> >We already have sssd replace winbind on our stand alone AD file servers
> >and Linux clients. Is this patch anything to do with ctdb specifically?
>
> No. I think it is the missing part to support SSSD under Samba FS. A thought
> that CTDB leverages Samba FS so I assumed this is the case but I would leave
> to Sumit to provide more details next week when he is back from PTO.

yes, it is a replacement of libwbclient which talk to SSSD instead of
winbind to get name/SID/POSIX ID mappings. It should be available with
the next SSSD release. But feel free to pick the patch from sssd-devel
and test it (or send me an email if you prefer a tar ball with the patch).

bye,
Sumit