[SSSD-users] using ldap -> sssd -> AD (sssd as a proxy)

Gerardo Padierna asl.gerardo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:13:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'd like to know if it somehow possible to use sssd as a proxy
authenticator, by which I mean the following:
· I want to authenticate users defined on a windows AD 2003 server on a
Solaris box (sssd is not available)
· I'm already using sssd on RHEL boxes -> I'd like to maintain the same
UID/GID mapping on the Solarix boxes as those already used on the RHEL
machines
· I was wondering if there's a conf (or a hack) that makes it possible
to authenticate an AD user on a box (which can't run sssd) the following
way:
Soraris box -> asks ldap server -> asks sssd (on same box or not) -> asks AD
Since sssd is a client, I can't figure out how to do that, but maybe
there's a way (that's why I was thinking that maybe, by combining an
ldap server with sssd, they could act together as an authentication
provider).

Again: The reason why not using directly just one ldap client on the
Solaris boxes is to maintain the same UID/GIDs already defined in other
sssd-based hosts.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions on this.
--

*Gerardo Padierna Nanclares*

<mailto:asl.gerardo at gmail.com>