[SSSD-users] Startup segfault loop of domain_be on Ubuntu 14.04

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Sat Aug 9 07:49:09 UTC 2014

On (08/08/14 14:48), Chris Hartman wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>If it is a easy to reproduce could you try to mount tmpfs to the directory
>> /var/lib/sss/db/. It can be filesystem issue.
>
>Mounting with a tmpfs has no effect on the crash.
>
>Do you know if Ubuntu uses the latest tdb and ldb versions?
>
>libtdb1 version in Ubuntu 14.04: 1.2.12-1
>libldb1 version in Ubuntu 14.04: 1.1.16-1
Fedora has almost the same versions.
[user at host ~]$ rpm -q libtdb libldb
libtdb-1.2.12-2.fc20.x86_64
libldb-1.1.16-4.fc20.x86_64

>According to http://www.samba.org/ftp/tdb/ the latest tbd version is 1.3.0
>and http://www.samba.org/ftp/ldb/ says the latest ldb version is 1.1.17
>
>For full disclosure, I already told this to Jakub in case it matters:
>
>I ran into a little trouble because the sssd_be was the binary that was
>> actually crashing, but it was spawned automatically by the root sssd
>> process. In order to generate the coredump and backtrace, I came up with
>> this inelegant solution:
>>
>> service sssd start; sleep 3; gdb -p $(ps ax|grep sssd_be|grep -v grep|cut
>> -f1 -d" ") -ex generate-core-file
That's good way how to obtain coredump. I can be simplified if you have just
one domain in sssd.conf

service sssd start; sleep 3; gdb -p $(pgrep sssd_be) -ex generate-core-file

>Hope this helps.

Could you send me more coredumps privately with fuly updated ubuntu 14.04?
Because it really strange that sssd crashed in syscal fdatasync.

LS