[SSSD-users] how to map unix group name to other attribute than "cn" of the group entry

XuQing Tan missedone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:56:38 UTC 2014

Hi Folks

in our project, there is already one legacy openldap server runing.
we managed the user and groups with posixAccount and posixGroup.

recently, we setup ssh ldap integration with sssd, we can login to the
linux box with ldap user credentials, so far so good.
except one thing, we found there are some groups name are too long (large
than 32 char) which violate the 32 char unix group name length contraints
according to "groupadd" man page.

we can't modiy the attribute "cn" of posixGroup since it's already used in
other integrated system.
so i'm wondering, is there any way to map the unix group name to something
else, rather than the defualt attribute "cn"?
i did search the sssd conf manual, nothing found, so i'd like to consult
you here.

  Thanks & Best Regards!

                  ///
                 (. .)