[SSSD-users] Dynamic DNS update with AD backend using wrong hostname for nsupdate

Chris Hartman qrstuv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:13:22 UTC 2013

Hmm. It appears that setting the hostname to the FQDN using the `hostname
$FQDN` command solves this problem until a reboot. For a permanent
solution, I'm adding the FQDN to /etc/hostname and ensuring /etc/hosts has
'127.0.1.1 $HOST $FQDN'.

However, I have a followup question. I notice that SSSD is only updating
IPv4 records. How can I ensure IPv6 updates? Thanks!

-Chris