[SSSD-users] Home Directory not being created

Chris Hartman qrstuv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:20:52 UTC 2013

Well, in a related development, it appears there is a hardware issue with
the testing PC- bad hard disk. Will replace, reinstall OS, and re-test.

However, there is definitely a case sensitivity issue happening.

My other hosts only have an issue when logging in with Guest as opposed to
guest. Guest causes /home/guest to be created despite what's in the
unixHomeDirectory attribute; then I'm always dropped in / because "Could
not chdir to home directory /tmp/Guest: No such file or directory." I
imagine this because sssd is lowercasing usernames but PAM isn't? "getent
passwd guest" always returns the same result: guest:*:1596000501:1596000514:
Guest:/tmp/Guest:/bin/bash

If I login in with guest, everything works as expected (after the cache is
cleared). It seems strange that I'm even allowed to auth with both guest
and Guest. Shouldn't one fail? Is this a bug or feature?

-Chris