[SSSD-users] SSSD, Linux Mint 14 and Samba 4 AD Server

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Fri Mar 29 14:46:41 UTC 2013

On 29/03/13 12:51, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> ^^ Which fails after the service resolution via DNS failed.
>
> Does authentication work if you set krb5_server to adserver.domain.lan ?
No, but the line in /var/log/auth.log has changed to:

Mar 29 13:46:57 mint-VirtualBox mdm[1065]: pam_sss(mdm:auth): Request to
sssd failed. Broken pipe

DNS appears to be working:

adserver.domain.lan with ipaddress 192.168.0.10 is the samba4 AD server
running Bind 9.9.1

The client mint-VirtualBox gets its DNS info via DHCP from the samba4 server

/etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 192.168.0.10
search domain.lan

hostname
mint-VirtualBox

hostname -f
mint-VirtualBox.domain.lan

host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.domain.lan.
_ldap._tcp.domain.lan has SRV record 0 100 389 adserver.domain.lan.

host -t A adserver.domain.lan.
adserver.domain.lan has address 192.168.0.10

host -t A mint-VirtualBox.domain.lan.
mint-VirtualBox.domain.lan has address 192.168.0.183

Thanks for your help so far and if you have any other thoughts how I can
get it to work, they would be very much appreciated.

Rowland

believed to be clean.