[SSSD-users] SSSD, Linux Mint 14 and Samba 4 AD Server

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Thu Mar 28 21:22:32 UTC 2013

Hello, I am trying to use sssd instead of winbind against a samba 4 AD
server. After looking around the internet, I have got to the point where
I can get a domain users info with 'getent passwd <domainuser>' and 'id
<domainuser>'. I can also create a directory and chmod it
<domainuser>:users, what I cannot do is login into the computer through
ssh or the login GUI on the computer. This is on Linux Mint 14 using
sssd 1.9.1.

Does anybody have any idea why sssd seems to work but fails in a very
important way.

believed to be clean.