[SSSD-users] override upn

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 17:08:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 01:00:07PM +0000, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
> Thanks, your advice was helpful.
>
> By the way, does 'default_realm' reference in /etc/krb5.conf   is for finding realm
> for  users AND hosts?
>
>  [libdefaults]
>
> ..
> default_realm = C.MY.DOMAIN
>

> If authentication is against  AD+Krb,  is there difference between 'ad' and 'krb5' providers in options:
> access_provider =

Yes, this is different, access_provider=ad checks in LDAP if the account
is disabled or not. If you were using access_provider=krb5 previously,
you should keep using that option, it should just work.

I checked the sssd-ad man page and realized this is not documented
properly. So I filed:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1841

> auth_provider =
> chpass_provider =

There is no difference in behaviour of these providers between krb5 and ad.