[SSSD-users] AD: Domain Trusts

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Tue Sep 11 19:06:53 UTC 2012

What is the appropriate way to configure sssd to use krb5 and authenticate users against a domain controller with a one-way trust to another domain?

In other words:

I join the Linux system to the domain "DOMA."  There is a one-way trust between "DOMA" and "DOMB."  I am able to log into a Windows server joined to DOMA with DOMB\MyUserName.  The Linux system joined to the domain uses a computer account as the Kerberos principal to do the binds with.

I'm not really sure in this scenario how I would craft my sssd.conf to perform the appropriate authentication.  I'm actually having trouble even figuring out how my krb5.conf should look too.  Any help?

Thanks!

Greg Wojtak
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Office: (313) 373-4306