[SSSD-users] sss_cache not working?

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Sep 10 14:36:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 04:21:51PM +0200, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I wanted to use sss_cache to find out whether sssd is running in a
> connected or disconnected mode, but I found out it is not working
> the way I expected.
> Example:
>
> 1.
> # id -a ondrej
> - shows something about me.
> 2.
> # sss_cache -u ondrej
> - I expect all information about me is trashed

No, the information is never completely removed. It is only marked as
expired so that the next lookup would go to the server and download
fresh data again.

> 3.
> # id -a ondrej
> - still shows information about me even if no ldap provider is available to connect. Evidently sssd still returns cached information.
>
> Is this a normal behavior or is this a bug?
> Thanks,

A proper test would look like:
    1. id -a ondrej
    2. change an attribute of ondre's record
    3. sss_cache -u ondrej
    4. id -a ondrej

Step 4. should print updated information on ondrej.