[SSSD-users] problems sssd-1.9.2

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 16:55:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 09:43:39AM +0000, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:

> [...]

I think the sss support was introduced in autofs 5.0.6, at least in
Fedora. I'm actually not quite sure about autofs upstream. You need to
look for the lookup_sss.so module.

> Until I am lucky to get new packages from Ubuntu maintainers - can I use nsswitch pointing to auto.home maps - would it work with SSSD?

The SSSD integration is provided by the lookup_sss.so module, which is
able to talk to the autofs responder process of the SSSD. If your
distribution doesn't provide that module, you should still be able to
fall back to the LDAP lookups. You just won't be able to leverage the
unified configuration in sssd.conf and caching of the maps.