[SSSD-users] sss_cache is not working for automount maps

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 16:35:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 05:02:13PM +0100, Ondrej Valousek wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Is sss_cache (as of version 1.9.2) supposed to work for automount maps (i.e. -a & -A parameters)?
> It seems to me that it is not working - maps are not reloaded (tcpdump port ldap says nothing)
> Just asking first before submitting a bug report :)
>
> Thanks,
> Ondrej

It should work. There is no known bug towards that functionality.

Was that functionality working for you previsously?

I suspect I know what's happening - we keep the map and the keys loaded
in memory after the call to setautomtent, chances are we don't release
the object when the sss_cache is called.

Please include sanitized portion of logs from the autofs responder when
you file the bug report. (debug_level = 8 in the [autofs] section).