[SSSD] RFC: Talloc reports

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 10:48:20 UTC 2015

Hi,
due to recent memory leak issues, I think it would be good to provide a
built-in way to store talloc full report in a file. It proved to be very
helpful in detection of the location where memory leak occurs, but we
always obtained it from custom built.

I would very much like to write a patch, but I'd like to hear your
opinion on how it should be obtains. I have few ideas:

1) Periodic task -- periodically (1 hour?) store talloc full report into
a file.

2) Generate report on signal.

3) Generate report on D-Bus method.

4) Provide a tool that would do 2) or 3).

I personally favor 1).