[SSSD] pep8 warnings in python code

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 06:25:12 UTC 2015

On (01/09/15 14:37), Pavel Reichl wrote:
>This patch fixes some of the pep8 warnings (number of issues reported by pep8
>utility changed from 204 to 127).
>Should we file a ticket to reduce pep8 warning as much as possible? I suppose
>we could even add a test that would fail if new pep8 warning is introduced,
>but I'm little worried that it might prove to be too difficult to write such
>a test in quality that it will be accepted by all SSSD developers. What do
>you think?

The quite recent test src/tests/intg/test_memory_cache.py does not have any
pep8 warnings or errors. However there is old python code with many warnings
which would prevent us from wrinting such test.

But there is still way how to test pep8 warnings in new python code.

sh$ pep8 --help
//snip
  --diff               report only lines changed according to the unified diff