[SSSD] I would like to move these tickets out of 1.13

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 06:24:23 UTC 2015

On (08/10/15 23:30), Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 11:22:38PM +0200, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> because we had quite a few tickets targetting 1.13 in this week's triage
>> bucket, I would like to move some out of the 1.13 buckets.
>>
>> Here are my proposals, feel free to go through 1.13.2/1.13.3 and propose
>> your own:
>
>Also what about https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2726 ? Is it valid,
>should we keep it in 1.13 or move?

Yes, it's valid.
Patch shoudl be trivial. I just need to discuss performance effect of my idea
how to fox it.

>Additionally https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2764 sounds like
>something we can defer since we have integration tests for the local
>overrides.

We are not sure that it is sufficiently covered by integration tests.
Code coverage is not generated from integration tests.
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2695
and moreover it might be difficult to test corner cases with integration tests.

>>     * https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2605 - Skip replication
>>       conflict entries in the IPA provider
>>         - this is mostly working around broken replication, can be done
>>           on the server side.
>>         - propose: 1.14 minor
>>     * https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2785 - incompatibility
>>       between sparkleshare and sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy due to
>>       setlocale()
>>         - the fix looks trivial, but can we test it properly?
>>         - propose: 1.14 minor
>>     * https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2679 - sssd components
>>       mishandles sighup for helper processes
>>         - this just doesn't look too important
>>         - propose: Deferred
>>     * https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2476 - Return domain of the
>>       authenticated user in PAM environment
>>         - patch available, but breaks tests
>>         - propose: 1.14 major
>>     * https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2589 - Return normalized
>>       authenticated user name in PAM environment
>>         - out of scope of 1.13
>>         - propose: 1.14 major

+1 for previous 5 tickets

>> I'm on the fence about https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2677.