[SSSD] More upstream CI tests

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 07:09:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 08:02:45AM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> On (07/10/15 17:42), Pavel Reichl wrote:

> >>There are some tests on list, but still it wuld be good to se a test plan.

> >>IMHo this should be a very low priority ticket. It's already tested by
> >>downstream and they will have automated tests. We should focus to other parts
> >
> >Well our integration tests already found at least one real nasty bug in sss_override so I suppose that it's only good that the priority was higher and bug was found by us and not customer.
> >
> >>which cannot be easily tested (whithout greping log files or touching/checking
> >>  internals in sysdb)
> >>https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2697
> >>
> >>BTW if the tests were ready together with feature it would be something
> >>different. It would not be a duplicated effort.
> >I'm not sure what you mean by duplicate effort but if you are referring to
> >the fact that intg. tests were not prepared by the author of the feature then
> duplicate effor means when two persons do the same.
> Could you explain how is this related to the fact that tests were not prepared
> by author?

1) I actually think tests not prepared by author are better, author
   might be coding in a 'tunnel vision' way, only touching the comfortable
   parts.

2) There was no time at the time we were writing the local overrides
   feature. Yes, it's bad that we completely underestimated the local
   overrides effort, but it happened and now we need to deal with it.
   And writing tests is a good way of dealing with no tests :-)

(I kinda agree about the ticket priority part, but I'm also happy we
have more tests...the PAM responder tests will come next, I'm sure)