[SSSD] RFC: intg: Add basic user/group/membership change tests

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 09:08:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 07:57:52AM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> On (23/09/15 15:42), Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >I'm working on adding more LDAP integration tests upstream and here are some
> >first results: basic user/group/membership addition/removal tests.
> >
> >Admittedly they're very basic, although needed some research first.
> >
> >What I'd like to get is some feedback and also a solution to one issue, which
> >seems external: these tests break memory cache integration tests (traceback
> >attached). Lukas thinks this might be related to
> >https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2726
> >
> >I'm posting the patch here to help him investigate, as well.
> >
> I'm sorry for late reply.
> Is this problem already fixed in new patch from the thread
> "intg: Add more LDAP tests" or shoudl I take a look.
>
> LS

I guess yes, I've seen the memcache failues with the patches Nick sent
to the list.

I quickly went through them as I try to write another test and so far my
main comment would be that the tests use enumeration. That's not wrong,
but enumeration triggers a completely different codepath in sssd,
especially when adding to and removing from groups is considered.

I think we can just reuse the existing tests and add another set of
tests that are very similar, just don't use enumeration but instead
either rely on very short cache timeout or call sss_cache.