[SSSD] Design Discussion: Domains, users and groups over D-Bus

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 19:17:46 UTC 2015

On 01/12/2015 09:51 AM, Pavel Březina wrote:
> On 12/16/2014 02:26 PM, Pavel Březina wrote:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/DBusResponder
>
> I created a new design page to reduce size and increase readability in
> the original one. I would like to keep DBusResponder page mainly as a
> crossroad with links to other pages in the future so it is not swamped
> with too many details on everything.
>
> I will replace user and group design in DBusResponder with the
> following link if you agree:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/DBusUsersAndGroups
>
> It should cover everything we agreed on. If not, please tell me and I
> will add it.

1) There is a difference between allowing a wild card in a string and
allowing it at the beginning or at end.
In the latter case you can use much fast searches such as "begins with"
and "ends with" or "contains" if you have *foo*.
I think it should be explicit whether we allow regex or not becuase an
asterisk in general would require regex.
I thought we said we want to avoid regex.

2) In the min length configuration options please be explicit that we
are talking about non wild card characters in the string.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio