[SSSD] Data dir and cwrap tests

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 20:45:49 UTC 2015

On 01/05/2015 04:46 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:33:32PM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> We can file a ticket if we don't want to forget about this idea.
>>> The question is when it will be implemented in sssd. Therefore we need to use
>>> different approach for cwrap test. As a result of this ticket can be moved to
>>> deffered bucket.

>>> Agree.

>>> It hasn't been implemented yet :-) but it's good idea.
>>>
>> Can you please file the corresponding tickets?
>
> Nikolai, can you file a ticket as part of your CI design page work?
> Thank you!

I'm not sure this is related to CI design much. Rather to config splitting
implementation.

I think here Dmitri is requesting a ticket for implementing sssd options
specifying directories to store configuration snippets to be merged with the
main sssd.conf. I can file it, but maybe someone who's better aware of the
splitting/merging design will be more suitable.

> btw I personally don't mind using an environment variable here, but a
> command line switch would be possible as well, as long as it's ommited
> from the --help output.

Um, I think there is some confusion here.

I think Dmitri suggested adding command line options to support specifying
database and socket locations (see the top quote). Personally, I think
configuration file options would be more appropriate.

Still, that would only cover the daemons. With libnss_sss and pam_sss we have
no option but use an environment variable, or some such.

I can file a general ticket, requesting a way of moving all the data and
sockets to arbitrary locations (user-writeable for CI) and mention it in the
LDAP integration test design doc and ticket.

Nick