[SSSD] Data dir and cwrap tests

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 15:47:52 UTC 2015

On 01/05/2015 10:36 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 05:32:25PM +0200, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:

>>> per-test configurations will magically get easier once we support
>>> include directives for config files.
>> Hmm, yes, probably.
>>
>> BTW, one trick I used in QA was to just add repeated sections with repeated
>> options, overriding previous ones to the end of the shared configuration, in
>> specific tests.
>>
>> Like this:
>>
>>      # Added by general setup
>>      [domain/LDAP]
>>      enumerate = false
>>      # Some more domain options
>>
>>      . . .
>>
>>      # Added by a subtest
>>      [domain/LDAP]
>>      enumerate = true
>>
>> Is this officially supported / planned to work in the future?
>>
>> Nick
> I think Dmitri had some plans as per "merging strategies" but I think
> the current one makes the most sense as a default, even if it was just
> to keep backwards-compatibility.

The current way SSSD uses ding libs INI parser as overwrite with last
key winning.
This is the default but INI supports other modes. For example no
overwrite, i.e. the first instance wins. There are other modes.
I do not think SSSD will change its approach though however when we
start merging snippets we will probably decide that snippets can just
augment and not overwrite.