[SSSD] cwrap test roadblock

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 12:08:07 UTC 2014

On (28/11/14 12:01), Sumit Bose wrote:
>On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 03:09:32PM +0200, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> While trying to arrange running sssd under cwrap in "make check" I came upon
>> this roadblock:
>>
>> There doesn't seem to be a way to make libnsss_sss use server sockets in
>> non-default location at runtime, only at build time. And it seems that doing
>> it at runtime would be a security issue.
>>
>> That means that we can't include tests involving libnss_sss into "make check",
>> as that is not guaranteed to be invoked on a build with a special location
>> where the current user can write to.
>>
>> This leaves us with being able to run these tests under CI only, which can
>> arrange for special configure options and thus locations.
>>
>> Could there be another way? Am I missing something?
>
>It is a bit hackish, but maybe with something like
>http://ohnopub.net/~ohnobinki/bin_replace_string/ a copy of the
>libnss_sss can be created during makr test with alternative paths which
>are better suited for the tests?

Simpler way would be to call configure sssd with non standard prefix and
install binaries there. Otherwise, we would need to replace lots of strings in
binary files:
e.g. directory where service binary are stored(SSSD_LIBEXEC_PATH) -> monitor
     unix pipe location (responders, clients) ...

./configure --prefix=`pwd`/usr/local/
make install

Andreas would be the best person to explain how it works in samba.
(He is on PTO). Here are files which I was able to find in samba source code
   selftest/selftest.pl
   selftest/target/Samba.pm
   selftest/target/Samba4.pm

LS