[SSSD] cwrap test roadblock

Nikolai Kondrashov Nikolai.Kondrashov at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 13:09:32 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

While trying to arrange running sssd under cwrap in "make check" I came upon
this roadblock:

There doesn't seem to be a way to make libnsss_sss use server sockets in
non-default location at runtime, only at build time. And it seems that doing
it at runtime would be a security issue.

That means that we can't include tests involving libnss_sss into "make check",
as that is not guaranteed to be invoked on a build with a special location
where the current user can write to.

This leaves us with being able to run these tests under CI only, which can
arrange for special configure options and thus locations.

Could there be another way? Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

Nick