[SSSD] Problems with SSSD RPM subpackage ordering

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 14:35:43 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 03:02:43PM +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 02:48:28PM +0100, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> >
> > I think Requires(pre) is the recommended syntax these days. It helps
> > people remember that they can also use it for other scriptlet times if
> > they need to.
>
> Hmm, doesn't Requires(pre) specify what is required for the %pre
> scriptlet?

Right. I thought that's what you wanted. The point is, pure Requires
merely states what requirements should be fulfilled once the
transaction finishes. By using Requires(...), you state requirement
for the particular phase of the transaction.

Useful for cleanup as well when in %post you want to run something
that might have been erased by the same transaction.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat