[SSSD] sss_cache flush ssh hosts list.

William william at firstyear.id.au
Thu May 29 01:00:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-05-26 at 09:19 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> On 26.5.2014 03:41, William wrote:
> >
> >> I'm afraid there is no right thing to call ATM, as there is no support
> >> for cache invalidation in SSH host code. I guess you'll have to
> >> implement it yourself.
> >>
> >> Off the top of my head, you need to properly set SYSDB_CACHE_EXPIRE in
> >> sysdb_store_ssh_host, return only unexpired hosts in
> >> sysdb_get_ssh_known_hosts, make sysdb_search_ssh_hosts public and create
> >> sysdb_set_ssh_host_attr (sysdb_update_ssh_hosts does the same, so you
> >> can modify and rename it instead of writing a completely new function).
> >
> > Please find attached a patch that adds the functionality. Note that
> > ssh_hosts don't use the dataExpire attribute, they use a different
> > attribute, which is why I opted to call ssh_known_host_expire.
> >

> I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong. The ssh_known_host_expire
> attribute does *not* denote cache entry expiration, it denotes
> known_hosts entry expiration, hence my request to add support for
> SYSDB_CACHE_EXPIRE. Unless you do that, I can't ACK.

Here is the fixed patch as per your advice. I am now adding the
SYSDB_CACHE_EXPIRE attribute to ssh_hosts on add, the update attr
function is now exposed, and I added some helpers to keep inline with
some of the other sysdb functions.

I noticed in my testing that when a host had been expired, it wasn't put
into known_hosts (Which is correct), but that the sss_ssh_knownproxy or
other process wasn't updating the actual sysdb entries with the new key.
Where is the refresh of an expired host taking place, or rather, where
should it be taking place? I suspect it is in the freeipa provider code
somewhere ...

--
William <william at firstyear.id.au>