[SSSD] [sssd][patches] NSS: netgroups minor fixes

Pavel Reichl preichl at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 14:38:26 UTC 2014

Hello Michal,

thank you for quick review. Please see attached patches (only 2nd
changed).

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 15:58 +0200, Michal Židek wrote:
[snip]
> Patch 02:
>
> You  should return all errors from the create_dummy_netgr
> properly. Here:
>
> -    netgr = talloc_zero(step_ctx->nctx, struct getent_ctx);
> -    if (netgr == NULL) {
> -        DEBUG(SSSDBG_CRIT_FAILURE, "talloc_zero failed, ignored.\n");
>
> and here
> -        ret = set_netgroup_entry(step_ctx->nctx, netgr);
> -        if (ret != EOK) {
> -            DEBUG(SSSDBG_CRIT_FAILURE, "...");
> -        }
>
> The caller can than ignore the errors (as it already
> does). This is not a big deal, but I think it will be
> nicer that way. Currently you only report
> talloc_strdup failure to the caller and ignore the other
> possible errors, which is a little inconsistent.

I think you are right, in previous patch I was just being careful not to
change anything - to be 1:1 with original code, but I agree that these
changes are for better.

> Also , I am not sure if create_dummy_netgr is good name
> for the helper function. It creates negative cache entry,
> so maybe something like create_negative_netgr?

Renamed, hope you like the new name better.

Thanks,

PR