[SSSD] [RFC] Add basic support for CI test execution

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 11:00:17 UTC 2014

On (13/06/14 13:40), Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
>On 06/13/2014 10:48 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

>>>I meant "yum install" here, of course, sorry.
>>
>>I asked developers from FreeIPA how they install build dependencies in CI.
>>They extract build depdendencies from spec file.
>>yub-builddep was not used just simple parsing of spec with grep and awk.
>>https://github.com/tbabej/labtool/blob/master/ipa-fun-install-build-dependencies.sh
>
>Thank you, Lukas.
>
>This is somewhat better, because it doesn't need trusting "yum-builddep", but
>it ignores the .spec file conditionals and possible macro expansion, is
>somewhat fragile, still creates additional dependency list source and still
>requires duplicating autoconf substitution code, all just for one distribution
>family.

My idea was to show that they do not maintain two different source of build
dependencies. Situation on FreeIPA is different because they do not need to
care about older distribution.

This discussion bring to my mind another test which is missing.
You should also test building sssd from src.rpm. Kevin Wright runs
nightly builds of sssd master on rhel6. It should be part of CI.

You will be able to extract build dependencies from src.rpm with rpm command
and install dependencies with yum. (it will solve your problem with
yum-builddep)
    e.g. rpm -q -p --requires rpmbuild/SRPMS/sssd-1.11.92-0.fc20.src.rpm

LS